Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Classes

It's almost fall; can you smell it in the air? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part? I'm so ready for cooler weather, color in the leaves, and brisk mornings that beg for warm, woolen sweaters. I yearn for my favorite sofa, a hot cup of tea, and needles in my hands knitting stitch upon stitch, creating something special for someone I love.

New knitting classes offered this summer at Baskets of Yarn include the A-line Jacket from Runway Knits (Karabella), Bettna Jacket by Noro, Dragon Melody Shawl and the Autumn Entrelac Shawl with that beautiful lacy edge by Jojoland, and Plymouth Yarn's Leaf Wrap made in the luxurious Royal Llama Silk yarn.
Yesterday's A-line Jacket class was fun. It was part one of a two-session class, to be followed up next Saturday afternoon. Susan, Cindy and Saundra were enthusiastic students and made great progress in the short time we had together. I expect lots of knitting this week so they'll be ready to assemble their sleeves next week!
Trish, the sock teacher, gave me a few minutes of her time to help me get started on another pair of toe-up socks. She knows a very special cast-on technique that is virtually invisible once it is mastered. She is definitely a 'sock diva' and the Queen of Socks in my opinion.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Aww, you are so kind, and so talented yourself!

HRH Trish...