Thursday, November 1, 2007

Keeping up

Whew! What a week! It's been hard to keep up with everything I HAVE to do this week, let alone everything I WANT to do this week! Did you see Dancing with the Stars on Tuesday night? What happened? Can you believe Sabrina was kicked off? I thought for sure she'd be in the grand finale. Oh well, my favorite is Marie Osmond--maybe it's because we're the same age. Who is your favorite?
I designed and knitted these last night, finished assembling them this morning. Aren't they cute? I WANT to make 5 more pairs before my class on Saturday, but I HAVE to catch up with the laundry... I also WANT to design some earrings using Size #6 beads, but I HAVE so many other things to do that I may not get to that for several more days. Also, I want to work more on my Maple Tree Shawl with the new Tencel yarn and beads, the Forest Path Stole with lace mohair, and I'm very excited about making the Modern Quilt Wrap by Interweave Press. If you click on the blue text you can download the pattern for FREE. I'm using a collection of Kid Mohair for mine.
Have you been to the new knit shop in Hickory yet? A Strand of Purls is on north Center Street, which is really Hwy 127. A quiet shop with a nice atmosphere. She has a knitting group on Tuesday evenings, but that's the only night she is open. The store is open Tuesdays through Saturdays. She will be offering classes soon. Hickory is one big puzzle to me; one-way streets, avenues, boulevards, and roads with the same numbers--were they trying to conserve numbers when they laid out that city? Anyway, Laura at A Strand of Purls told me about a new quilt shop there--it's on 2nd street off of Center (don't ask me if it's northwest, southeast, avenue, road, or parkway), and it's a one-way street going east! So you have to turn west on 3rd off of Center and overshoot it to come back east on 2nd to find it. I think it's called "Sew a Fine Seam." No other info available yet. Let me know if you find it and what you think.
Week Two of our Mystery Quilt class was yesterday. Sandy is doing a great job of teaching, and we aren't the best class. Experienced and accomplished quilters make the worst students. We are grateful to her nevertheless.
More soon!

No comments: